Driver / Logistics Support Specialist undertakes Internal and External driving and logistics duties as part of the Warehousing and Logistics department operation and assists with material preparation, collection, disposal and 5S-assigned tasks as instructed.
- Promote positive Safety Culture and ensure that the Safety and Quality Policy is communicated, promoted and implemented within the Organization
- Ensure that all elements of SMS are properly implemented, maintained and continuously improved by fulfilling all SMS-related duties and responsibilities as defined in the SMS Manual
- Drive assigned vehicles (combustion-engine or electric) – cars, vans, trucks, fork lifters, towing
- Safely transport materials, components, tools, etc. to and from specified locations/destinations within the specified deadlines in a timely manner and adhere to routes and schedules if these are set
- Load and unload materials, components, tools, etc. from trucks and trailers
- Analyze accompanying documents, delivery address and determine appropriate routes
- Adjust travel routes as required to avoid traffic congestion or road construction
- Ensure that vehicle is always parked in areas that permit parking
- Adhere to airport driving regulations
- Perform vehicle inspections at start and end of shift and before and after each trip
- Perform periodic vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure, battery charge, etc.
- Keep the vehicles clean and safe and properly maintained by performing regular washing, cleaning
and basic vehicle maintenance
- Maintain driving logs, performance forms and complete daily paperwork
- Provide special care in delivering fragile and hazardous products, materials, components, tools, etc.
- Provide accurate time records of the vehicle’s coming and goings.
- Report any accidents, injuries, and vehicle damage to management
- Supply hangars and support shops with materials, components, tools, etc. and ensure timely collection of return materials to the warehouse
- Distribute materials, both incoming and outgoing in accordance to set priorities and schedules
- Coordinate and plan transports via different means of appropriate transport
- Assist warehouse and logistics personnel with assigned tasks as required, including but not limited to storing materials, picking orders, packing for dispatch, unpacking, general housekeeping and cleaning, inventory checks, etc.
- Assist with other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Valid driver’s license (Malta) of category C or D1
- Clean driving record with no traffic violations
- Minimum visual acuity of at least 0.8 decimal (0.1 logMAR, 6/7.5 Snellen equivalent) in the better eye, with a VA of at least 0.1 decimal in the other eye (1.0 logMAR, 6/60 Snellen equivalent). The minimum standards may be achieved with or without glasses (glasses with a corrective power not more than (+) 8 dioptres) or with contact lenses. Visual field extending to 160 degrees in the horizontal meridian and 60 degrees in the vertical median
- Ideally with previous experience as a Driver
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of roads and localities in Malta
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to work weekends, public holidays and shifts
- Polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- Good command of English
- School Leaving Certificate
- Effective communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Computer literacy and familiar with standard software packages (Windows Office) and Email
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Capable to multitask and manage processes
We offer you an attractive position in a global and dynamic company in the aircraft maintenance business.