The Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 1) carries out maintenance tasks on aircraft structural elements and components according to one’s current authorization level and training received. Tasks mainly consist of carrying out self-inspections, assisting during the accomplishment of damage assessments, performing damage repairs, component/part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications.
- Ensures that non routine defect cards are raised, updated and closed in a timely and appropriate manner
- Performs self-inspections, assists with damage assessments and performs damage repairs, component/ part replacements and embodiment of aircraft modifications, depending on the complexity of the task at hand. These should be performed according to one’s current authorization level and sign-off privileges and by referring to the relevant approved Repair Manuals
- Supports and assists the Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) as necessary, within the respective “aircraft zone / section”
- Contributes directly towards an efficient workflow during the respective ground time input by
- Applies the correct clocking of job cards
- Advises in a timely manner to the respective Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) the requirement for repair parts and repair materials
- Supports the respective Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Permission Level 3) and Structures Team Leader by accomplishing assigned tasks in a timely and efficient way
- Updates non-routine job cards and sign off of work performed in a timely manner, ensuring that the above is carried out according to SRT qualification profile and sign off privileges
- Reports job status during handover at the end of shift
- Adheres to company procedures, maintaining safety and quality standards at all times, reporting any discrepancies to one’s respective Manager/Team Leader and generate SMS reports as necessary
- Maintains a safe, organized and clean work environment according to in-house 5S principles, including the proper usage of tooling
- Maintains and carries out regular tool box inventory checks
- Manages and maintains one’s personal logbook and training records
- Performs other tasks commensurate with the role.
- Manages and keeps housekeeping standards in assigned area/sections, ensuring that team members comply to 5s standards
- Engages in the generation and implementation of continuous improvement
- Collaborates with team members for the successful completion of tasks and achievement of targets within set periods.
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a engineer or in a similar role
- Hands-on experience with drilling equipment
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities